Everyone knows it: jewelery that discolours. We have previously written a blog with tips to take the best possible care of your jewelry and to keep it beautiful for as long as possible. And these tips work! But no matter how well you take care of your jewelry, it can sometimes happen that your jewelry discolors. In this blog you can read how you can get this jewelry beautiful again!
Silver jewelry can discolour over time due to exposure to oxygen, sweat or perfume. But don't worry: this is easy to get rid of!
- Silver polish: buy silver polish at the drugstore, and grab a soft cloth to easily clean your silver.
- Silver polishing cloth: even simpler is buying a silver cleaning cloth, with which you can easily polish your silver jewelry.
- Aluminum foil and soda: place a piece of aluminum foil in a bowl and sprinkle scoops of soda over it. Pour boiling water over this, and then place your jewelry in it. Take them out after a few minutes and clean them with a damp cloth. Finally, rinse your jewelry and dry it with a cloth.
- Toothpaste: use toothpaste and a soft toothbrush to clean your jewelry. Then wipe it with a clean, soft cloth.
- Dishwashing liquid: Make soapy water with dishwashing liquid. Put your jewelry in here and use a soft toothbrush to clean it. Rinse the jewelry and dry it with a cloth.
Gold can get a dull color as a result of long-term wear. But this is also easy to solve with a good cleaning.
- Gold jewelry cleaner: Buy a jar of jewelry cleaner. Then use a polishing cloth again to remove small imperfections.
- Soap with green soap: just like with silver, it also works for gold jewelry to make soapy water with washing-up liquid. Let your gold jewelry soak in the soapy water for a few minutes and again use a soft toothbrush to brush it clean. Then take out the jewelry and dry it with a cloth. Use a polishing cloth to polish any remaining dull spots.
Is your jewelry discolored? Then use the tips above to get your jewelry beautiful again! Note: always be careful if other stones or diamonds are used in the jewelry. Will you use these tips? And do you perhaps know more methods? Let us know in the comments!